Lonely Planet Melbourne Encounter is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the city's labyrinthine laneways, get up close with Australian art at the Ian Potter Centre, or watch a match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Melbourne and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Melbourne Encounter:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Melbourne map (included in print version), plus over 9 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Coverage of City Centre, Southbank, the Docklands, South Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Albert Park, South Yarra, Prahran, East Melbourne, Richmond, Fitzroy, Carlton, St Kilda, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Melbourne Encounter is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.